The Head, Human Resources will attract, retain and inspire the best and the brightest. The right individual will help our organization strike the optimal balance between the company’s need and the needs of the workforce in order to differentiate us from the competition.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE ROLE
Report to the CEO
- Develop and direct strategies for the Human Resources department and ensure strategies are aligned with the overall goals of the organization.
- Manage the company’s Human Resources functions, provide expert professional advice and support to management and staff on all aspects of people management and execute all areas of the employee lifecycle.
- Manage the HR Business units: Business Partnering, Recruitment & Selection, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management and Employee Services.
- Lead the implementation of best practice Human Resources policies and procedures in the organization.
- Track corporate, departmental and employee competency levels against requirements.
- Work with functional managers to determine gaps and ensure adequate and effective learning and development.
- Oversee the career development, capacity development and progression of all employee
- Support management to develop and implement effective succession planning strategies.
- Manage overall culture of the organization, initiate programs to ensure alignment of culture to company vision, mission and values.
- Support executive management to manage all change initiatives impacting staff within the company.
- Evaluate, implement and oversee the use of the Human Resources Information System.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven operational experience in management and staff supervision: ideally has worked in a management role for 10+ years and has strong generalist human resources.
- Experience in the Retail Chain/Multi-location organization (e.g. fast food, banks, telecoms, etc) or fast-growing company
- Professional membership of CIPMN, SHRM or CIPD is an added advantage.
Core Competencies and Skills
- Able to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and critical thinker with high attention to detail Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly professional and ethical with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A strong change agent and communicator.
- Excellent people management and development skills.
- Possess excellent leadership and business partnering skills to achieve results through organizational resources.
- Excellent organizational development skills Good Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Experience with HR software packages.
- Demonstrated process improvement skills.
- A good working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite like Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirement should a one page summary of their most significant achievements for the last 5 years with your application letter, a detailed CV and relevant copies of credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the subject as Head of Human Resources